Certified Medical Assistant
Job no: 494281
Work type: Full-Time
Location: Center City
Categories: College of Medicine, Drexel University
Drexel is a comprehensive global research university ranked among the top 100 in the nation. With over 24,000 students, Drexel is one of America's 15 largest private universities. Drexel is one of Philadelphia's top 10 private employers, and a major engine for economic development in the region. Drexel has committed to being the nation’s most civically engaged university, with community partnerships integrated into every aspect of service and academics.
Working under the direct supervision of a physician, employee will interact and care for patients seen in the clinic setting. Takes patient history, performs vital signs, performs blood draws and collects samples, preps examine room, changes dressings, does instrument sterilization. May answer phones and do patient scheduling as needed. Familiar with the electronic medical record.
- Interviews patients to obtain medical information for their visit with the medical provider ( e.g.):
A. Take and record height, weight, and blood pressure, pulse rate, respiration, temperature.
B. Collect blood, tissue or other laboratory specimens, log the specimens, and prepare them for testing.
C. Administer medications and injections as ordered.
D. Assist the medical provider in completing examination and procedures as instructed.
E. Finger stick glucose monitoring. Show patients to examination rooms and prepare them for the clinical provider.
- Assist medical provider in exams and procedures as needed. Call prescriptions in to pharmacies as ordered by medical providers. Call patients with changes in medications as ordered. Keep track of patient lab and diagnostic reports and inform medical provider of abnormal results. Schedule tests and/or follow-up visits.
- Record patients' medical history, vital statistics and information such as test results in EMR. Explain treatment procedures, medications, diets and physicians' instructions to patients. Completely fill out lab slips and other forms, when necessary.
- Maintain inventory of medical supplies and vaccines. Ensure that all emergency and medical equipment is in proper working condition. Keep all exam rooms clean, well stocked and ready for use by medical provider. Instruct patients on preparation for tests and studies.
- Medical Assistant Certification
- 1-2 years of Relative Experience
- Other requirements
Typically standing, walking
This position is classified as Non-Exempt with a salary grade of F. For more information regarding Drexel’s Professional Staff salary structure, https://drexel.edu/hr/career/ducomp/salstructure/
Special Instructions to the Applicant
Please make sure you upload your CV/resume and cover letter when submitting your application.
Review of applicants will begin once a suitable candidate pool is identified.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend