Job no: 494653
Work type: Full-Time
Location: University City
Categories: Finance and Administration, Drexel University, Professional Staff
Drexel is a comprehensive global research university ranked among the top 100 in the nation. With over 24,000 students, Drexel is one of America's 15 largest private universities. Drexel is one of Philadelphia's top 10 private employers, and a major engine for economic development in the region. Drexel has committed to being the nation’s most civically engaged university, with community partnerships integrated into every aspect of service and academics.
The Front-End Developer collaborates with user-experience designers and back-end developers to design and develop sophisticated, modern user interfaces for high-volume, large-scale web applications with a focus on mobile-first responsive design; builds and maintains technical knowledge relevant to assigned projects while learning and adapting to new technologies; supports a culture of continuous improvement and acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience; possesses strong communication and conflict resolution skills; reports for work on time according to schedule; and works occasional nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Participate actively in Agile practices by collaborating with product owners, Business Analysts, Scrum Masters, and other team members in such activities as grooming user stories with cross-functional development teams, planning sessions, etc.
- Ensure work products are delivered on-schedule and follow best practices by keeping current with W3C standards of web design and applications, including accessibility guidelines.
- Identify tasks related to HTML authoring and/or front-end development, estimate effort for front-end development.
- Contribute and maintain pattern libraries for user interface components.
- Work with other developers on tasks related to back-end integration, using RESTful web services, APIs, data serialization, JSON, XML, etc.
- Debug code across different browsers and devices (desktop, mobile, tablet).
- Analyze and optimize the performance of web pages, help implement Application Performance Monitoring tools.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 2-3 years of experience should be in front-end web development.
- Experience working with Sitecore (CMS) or in a Microsoft/ASP.NET environment is desirable, though not essential.
- Familiarity with Atomic design principles, Pattern Lab, gulp and similar build tools, react.js and similar front-end frameworks like vue.js, and CSS frameworks is also beneficial but not required.
- Typically sitting at a desk/table
This position is classified as exempt with a salary grade of M. For more information regarding Drexel’s Professional Staff salary structure, https://drexel.edu/hr/career/ducomp/salstructure/
Special Instructions to the Applicant
Please make sure you upload your CV/resume and cover letter when submitting your application.
Review of applicants will continue until a suitable candidate pool is identified.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend