Job no: 494940
Work type: Full-Time
Location: Center City
Categories: College of Medicine, Drexel University
Drexel is a comprehensive global research university ranked among the top 100 in the nation. With over 24,000 students, Drexel is one of America's 15 largest private universities. Drexel is one of Philadelphia's top 10 private employers, and a major engine for economic development in the region. Drexel has committed to being the nation’s most civically engaged university, with community partnerships integrated into every aspect of service and academics.
The Assistant Professor will provide leadership of three Research Centers of Excellence (RCE) within the Institute of Molecular Medicine and Infectious Disease within the Department of Microbiology and Immunology. In these capacities, the candidate plays a role in research program conceptualization, submission of grant applications, and authorship of scientific publications.
- Developing research programs and publishing findings.
- Developing and delivering lectures in the Departmental courses on microbiology/bacteriology.
- Development of numerous internal and external (to Drexel) collaborations, both as a member of our Center’s research teams and for independent research.
- Taking responsibility for ensuring that all aspects of our Center’s laboratory operations function efficiently and follow all of the University’s compliance policies.
- Providing laboratory protocol instruction to dozens of researchers at all stages of their training.
- In charge of the Center’s responses to all Environmental Health and Safety checks.
- PhD, Biology or a related field
- Minimum of 3 years of experience
Special Instructions to the Applicant
Please make sure you upload your CV/resume and cover letter when submitting your application.
Review of applicants will continue until a suitable candidate pool is identified.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend