Adjunct - College of Computing & Informatics - Information Science
Job no: 495579
Work type: Part-Time
Location: University City - Philadelphia, PA
Categories: College of Computing and Informatics, Drexel University
About Drexel University, College of Computing and Informatics
Drexel is a private university committed to research with real-world applications. The University has over 24,000 students in 15 colleges and schools and offers about 200 degree programs. The College of Computing & Informatics is comprised of approximately 60 faculty and 2,000 students. Drexel has one of the largest and best-known cooperative education programs in the country, with over 1,600 co-op employers. Drexel's University City campus is located on Philadelphia’s “Avenue of Technology” in the University City District and at the hub of the academic, cultural and historical resources of the nation’s sixth largest metropolitan region.
CCI is located in a brand new building with state-of-the-art classrooms, research and student labs with abundant space to promote collaboration and innovation. It offers a variety of B.S., M.S., and Ph.D. degrees spanning all areas of computing and informatics, including new degrees such as MS in Data Science, and MS in Information, and MS in Business Information Technology.
The College of Computing and Informatics (CCI) invites applications for multiple adjunct faculty positions in Information Science. The Information Science Department offers undergraduate and graduate level programs and courses in data science, computing security technology, human-computer interaction and user experience, library and information science, information systems, health informatics, and information technology. Teaching opportunities include both online and on campus courses. Drexel operates on the quarter system, with a 10-week teaching term.
Areas of need change from term to term and often include but are not limited to:
- Cloud Computing
- Data Science
- Database Administration
- Human-Computer Interaction and User Experience
- Library Science
- Systems Analysis
- Wireless Security
Adjunct Faculty are generally provided with instructional materials and are responsible for all aspects of teaching the materials including appropriate course delivery, modifications if necessary, communication with students, and grading.
- Teach required number of credit hours per term based on their contract.
- Demonstrate knowledge and skills related to teaching at a university level, teaching methodology, curriculum development, and evaluation.
- Communicate with students throughout the duration of the academic term.
- Evaluate students’ learning progress and achievement of curricular objectives; grade assignments and provide final grades based on students’ assessed learning.
- Maintain communication with the department head and associate department heads regarding any course or student issues.
- Master’s degree
- Relevant professional experience
- PhD preferred but not required
- Teaching/training experience preferred but not required
Special Instructions to the Applicant
Applications should consist of a cover letter, CV, a list of references, and a brief statement summarizing teaching experience and/or relevant professional experience. Letters of reference will be requested from candidates who are invited for an interview. Electronic submissions in PDF format are required.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend