Fire and Emergency Preparedness Specialist - Temporary position
Job no: 496170
Work type: Part-Time
Location: University City - Philadelphia, PA
Categories: Finance and Administration, Drexel University
Drexel is a comprehensive global research university ranked among the top 100 in the nation. With over 24,000 students, Drexel is one of America's 15 largest private universities. Drexel is one of Philadelphia's top 10 private employers, and a major engine for economic development in the region. Drexel has committed to being the nation’s most civically engaged university, with community partnerships integrated into every aspect of service and academics.
Candidates for this position are responsible for the anticipation, recognition, evaluation, and control of fire and safety hazards in leased and Drexel-owned facilities. It is his/her duty to work with Drexel departments to minimize fire and safety risks and to manage compliance with applicable University policies and fire code requirements. Apply the five tenets of emergency management (prevention, protection, mitigation, response, and recovery) in order to fulfill the mission of the Department of Public Safety.
- Assist with comprehensive safety and fire code audits of University departments and buildings. Be able to recognize deficiencies and hazards independently, and be able to research findings to determine extent of possible hazards.
- Work with external departments to correct fire safety hazards and develop preventive procedures.
- Assist with delivering training classes and outreach materials.
- In the absence of the Director or Assistant Director act as a representative to other departments, acting as a technical advisor on fire safety and emergency preparedness issues.
- Write reports documenting observations, and recommendations for Director’s review. Assist with writing reports to other departments.
- Document all work in office computer files and databases.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Be available to work flexible hours (nights and weekends).
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience
- Fire Inspector I or Commercial Building Inspector, CPR, ICS/NIMS
- Fire Protection Specialist, Fire Inspector II, PA or NREMT, AEM/CEM preferred
- Typically sitting at a desk/table
- Typically standing, walking
University City – Philadelphia, PA
This position is classified as non-exempt. This position is classified as a temporary role and is not eligible for Drexel University benefits.
This position will be approximately 20 hours per week, but may vary.
Special Instructions to the Applicant
Please make sure you upload your CV/resume and cover letter when submitting your application.
Review of applicants will begin once a suitable candidate pool is identified.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend