Assistant/Associate Professor, School Psychology
Job no: 497110
Work type: Full-Time
Location: University City - Philadelphia, PA
Categories: Drexel University, School of Education
Drexel is one of Philadelphia's top 10 private employers, a comprehensive global research university and a major engine for economic development in the region. With over 24,000 students, Drexel is one of America's 15 largest private universities. Drexel has committed to being the nation’s most civically engaged university, with community partnerships integrated into every aspect of service and academics.
The Drexel University School of Education is seeking an Assistant or Associate Professor, and experienced clinician to join our Pediatric focused, School Psychology - Education Specialist program. The successful candidate will be familiar with, and experience working within - urban neighborhoods and schools. They will know and understand the challenges of underfunded, under-resourced neighborhoods. They will have the capacity to know and understand the needs of our families, and to work well in community settings with multiple community stakeholders to establish, build and sustain structures that support student academic and behavioral success. A strong understanding of early childhood development, the academic needs of a diverse students in a diverse city and region. Finally, the successful candidate will look forward to becoming the School Psychology Program Director, and to be able to mold this program to meet the needs of all of our constituents.
In addition, this faculty position requires the faculty to be engaged in clinical evaluations and supervising students through the psycho-educational evaluation process for special education classification. The successful applicant will have experience or familiarity with administering and interpreting an array of assessments across multiple domains, including measures of cognitive ability, adaptive behavior, social-emotional behavior, achievement, and developmental measures. The successful candidate will also possess strong consultation skills and have knowledge of evidence-based academic and behavioral interventions and their application, particularly within the context of whole-school systems initiatives to improve outcomes. The applicant should have experience integrating information and composing psychological reports that are appropriate for use by caregivers and local education agencies. Additionally, the applicant will possess the ability to provide sensitive, thoughtful, and supportive feedback to parents and school personnel as well as the ability to work well with team members, parents, young children, and service providers in the community.
- Teach consultation, intervention and assessment courses, in addition to multicultural competence in school psychology, and supervise students through the education evaluation and classification system.
- Supervise less experienced clinicians and undergraduate and graduate students in assessment, consultation, and intervention.
- PhD or Doctorate, School Psychology
- Minimum of 3 years of experience
- Experience with course instruction, psycho-diagnostic assessment for individuals with disabilities.
- Consultation and intervention service delivery in educational settings.
- Strong multi-cultural competence as a clinician and have experience working with families and clients from diverse backgrounds.
- PA licensed/certification or license/certification-eligible.
- National or Pa state certification in school psychology.
- Experience teaching graduate students, online and in-person.
- At least 2 years’ experience as a school psychologist.
- Experience teaching graduate courses in-person and online.
- Add if applicable for posting
University City – Philadelphia, PA
Special Instructions to the Applicant
Please make sure you upload your CV, cover letter, list of 3 professional references, and a redacted writing sample when submitting your application.
Review of applicants will continue until a suitable candidate pool is identified.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend