Drexel is one of Philadelphia's top 10 private employers, a comprehensive global research university and a major engine for economic development in the region. With over 24,000 students, Drexel is one of America's 15 largest private universities. Drexel has committed to being the nation’s most civically engaged university, with community partnerships integrated into every aspect of service and academics.
The College of Computing & Informatics (CCI) is seeking a Program Administrator to serve as direct support for grant/research efforts. This is a vital position, reporting to the Director of Research Operations to provide administrative, project and program support and management of the College’s research, grant and contract activities. This position will work closely with faculty and personnel across the University, especially coordination of efforts with personnel in the Office of Research Administration.
Drexel University is an R1 private university committed to research with real-world applications. CCI is uniquely positioned as an interdisciplinary and entrepreneurial research and education leader for the 21st century and offers trailblazing research and education to drive innovation to the digital future. CCI is now home to over 2,000 students, has introduced innovative programs in AI and Machine Learning and in Data Science, and housed in a state-of-the-art equipment and facilities.
CCI's Program Administrator serves as direct support for grant/research efforts. This is a vital position, reporting to the Director of Research Operations to provide administrative, project and program support and management of the College’s research, grant and contract activities. This position will work closely with faculty and personnel across the University, especially coordination of efforts with personnel in the Office of Research Administration.
Manage all administrative aspects of the College’s research program
• Provide pre-award and post-award grant support/management to individual faculty members.
• Serve as liasion between faculty and Office of Research as needed.
• Coordinate internal research grant proposal process and tracking.
• Coordinate with faculty in caseload so all internal deadlines are met. This includes [but not limited to] drafting budgets and advising faculty on both sponsor and CCI-based cost principles, completing internal paperwork, obtaining signatures and submitting documentation in advance of the proposal deadline. Create and upload grant application materials in COEUS, Grants.gov, Fastlane, and other submission platforms.
• Complete budget preparation and analysis for research proposals, including budget revisions.
• Maintain all grant files, submissions, and award tracking.
Post-Award related activities included but not limited to:
• Monitor all phases of award and closing (review invoices and receipts for deficiencies and deficits) to detect and address issues as they arise.
• Monitor funds to ensure all transactions are accurate and deficits avoided.
• Effectively communicate with Drexel and sponsor contacts throughout the award/closeout to ensure all administrative tasks are completed and issues addressed as needed. Work to rectify deficits on sponsored funds and address invoicing issues.
• Prepare, submit, and follow-up on all paperwork relative to budgetary procedures for extramural grants and some intramural funds (PAFs, transaction corrections, etc.).
• Assist faculty and PhD Students with IRB paperwork, and work with other CCI teams when necessary (specifically in relation to PhD students).
• Coordinate research announcements and press releases with marketing team (Writer/Editor).
Other special projects as assigned
Minimum of 5 years experience
• Evidence of strong project management skills.
• Five+ years of administrative experience in supporting research and contract activities in academia or industry.
• Ability to handle confidential materials.
• Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, prioritize and meet deadlines
• Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as cooperatively with faculty and staff to achieve desired results.
• Excellent communication (oral and written), interpersonal, organizational and analytic skills required.
• Leadership skills and the ability to work within a team
• Demonstrated proficiency using Microsoft Office suite and related software, including database and presentation programs. Strong Excel skills required.
Master ‘s degree
Typically sitting at a desk/table
University City, Philadelphia, PA
This position is classified as exempt with a salary grade of K. For more information regarding Drexel’s Professional Staff salary structure, https://drexel.edu/hr/career/ducomp/salstructure/
Special Instructions to the Applicant
Please make sure you upload your CV/resume and cover letter when submitting your application.
Review of applicants will begin once a suitable candidate pool is identified.