Job no: 498415
Work type: Part-Time
Location: Remote, Other - See posting for details
Categories: Drexel University, College of Nursing and Health Professions
Drexel is one of Philadelphia's top 10 private employers, a comprehensive global research university and a major engine for economic development in the region. With over 24,000 students, Drexel is one of America's 15 largest private universities. Drexel has committed to being the nation’s most civically engaged university, with community partnerships integrated into every aspect of service and academics.
About the College of Nursing and Health Professions
The College of Nursing and Health Professions has more than a century long history of educating nurses and health professionals. Since 2002, the College has embraced the practical ingenuity of Drexel through the refinement and development of more than 25 undergraduate and graduate nursing and health professions programs characterized by the integration of learning and work through cooperative education, a culture of excellence, innovation and technology infusion, research and deep civic engagement. The College uniquely prepares clinicians to practice and lead in a rapidly changing healthcare system.
As a proven leader in Nursing Education, CNHP is seeking the best talent to further our profession and college's mission. Adjunct positions are contracted on a quarterly basis (four ten-week quarters).
The adjunct faculty member will teach an online course in the Complementary and Integrative Health Program. Faculty teaching in the online/hybrid environment are expected to be engaged and active in their online courses. The faculty member is expected to actively interact with students, provide timely feedback, monitor student progress, respond to student questions, add context to existing content, and create content where needed. Each adjunct faculty member is responsible for effectively implementing the mission of the College of Nursing and Health Professions. Responsibilities may include teaching days, evenings, nights and weekends.
- Teach required number of credit hours per semester based on their contract.
- Demonstrate knowledge and skills related to the teaching of adults, teaching methodology, and evaluation.
- Plan and provide theoretical instruction and clinical or laboratory experiences that reflect an understanding of the philosophy, objectives and curriculum of the Nursing program and nursing profession.
- Evaluate student achievement of curricular objectives/outcomes related to nursing knowledge and practice.
- Schedule weekly office hours, if applicable.
- Maintain communication with the course chair and program chair regarding any course or student issues.
- Perform other similar duties as assigned.
- Master’s Degree.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience.
- Progressive experience in complementary and integrative health.
- Demonstrated competence with required knowledge and skill of assigned content area.
- Strong interpersonal skills and positive energy regarding professional education and the role of Nurse Educator.
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively with other faculty members, as well as students.
- Excellent verbal, written, and electronic communication skills.
- Basic computer skills including sending/receiving email; researching topics via the web; attaching, sending and opening documents; participation in chats; function in library databases.
Remote/University City, Philadelphia PA
Special Instructions to the Applicant
Please make sure you upload your CV/resume and cover letter when submitting your application.
Review of applicants will begin once a suitable candidate pool is identified.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend