About the Antoinette Westphal College of Media Arts & Design
As the center for creativity at Drexel University, the Antoinette Westphal College of Media Arts & Design trains the next generation of scholars, thinkers, makers, and doers in the fields of media, entertainment, design, and the visual and performing arts. Westphal offers 18 undergraduate and nine graduate majors, housed in award-winning facilities that encourage collaboration across creative disciplines. At Westphal, we reimagine the role of design, media, and the arts in building a better future. Our programs challenge students to center sustainability, access, and equity in their approaches to art, fashion, architecture, gaming, entertainment, and scholarship. Through experiential learning, studio-based curriculum, and Drexel’s widely-recognized Cooperative Education program (co-op), our students are uniquely positioned to face the world’s challenges and define the creative careers of the 21st century.
Primarily responsible for recruiting qualified undergraduate applicants for admission into the Antoinette Westphal College of Media Arts & Design at Drexel University, the Assistant Director of Recruitment plans strategically how to improve conversion rates for each aspect of the admissions funnel; records, updates, and analyzes recruiting data; contributes to marketing and yield campaigns that help to attract and yield prospective students; makes ROI assessments of recruitment marketing campaigns. As a key member of the Recruitment team, the Assistant Director coordinates and participates in on-campus and off-campus recruiting activities such as presentations, college fairs, oﬃce and campus interviews, conferences, and other platforms as needed. Works to enhance school brand and reputation while being the main recruiter on the road for Westphal. The Assistant Director also analyzes and develops potential markets for undergraduate, graduate, and transfer populations. Working with faculty and College leadership, the Assistant Director develops a keen understanding of the 18 undergraduate majors, 9 graduate programs, and other educational offerings in Westphal College in order to effectively match opportunities to prospective students.
Must possess outstanding communication and organizational skills and a strong, self-motivated work ethic. The ability and confidence to exercise discretion while working independently, as well as the commitment to working as a part of a team, are expected. The successful candidate must have formal education in an art, design or media discipline. Candidate must be available and willing to travel during most of the fall, including multiple weekends and periodically throughout the remainder of the academic year for student recruiting events and opportunities.
- Participate in appropriate recruitment and enrollment activities including: open houses, regional presentations, National Portfolio Day events, guidance counselor receptions, admitted student’s day events, college fairs, information sessions and more.
- Travel on behalf of the College for recruitment and other college related events.
- Speak publicly to individuals and groups both on and off campus to educate them about the Westphal College of Media Arts & Design and its academic programs.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of the Westphal College’s recruitment and marketing plan with the purpose of promoting the College’s visibility and general recruitment efforts.
- Assist in the development, maintenance, and execution of the College’s brand to prospective and admitted students.
- Develop and monitor statistical reports to enhance recruitment strategies, yield management, forecasting, and operational efficiency.
- Manage and respond to prospective student phone e-mail and web inquires received by Westphal College.
- Work nights and weekends as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Art, Design or Media discipline.
- Ability to review portfolios in Art, Design or Media disciplines.
- Ability to effectively communicate in person and in writing and be able to speak publicly.
- Should possess high energy, attention to detail, and the ability to organize effectively.
- A valid driver’s license and the ability to travel domestically and internationally.
- Ability to work nights and weekends as necessary.
- Minimum of 1 year admissions related experience for Assistant Director; minimum of 5 years of experience for Associate Director.
- Experience with production of a variety of media, particularly print publications.
University City, Philadelphia PA
This position is classified as Exempt with a salary grade of J. For more information regarding Drexel’s Professional Staff salary structure, https://drexel.edu/hr/career/ducomp/salstructure/
Special Instructions to the Applicant
Please make sure you upload your CV/resume and cover letter when submitting your application.
Review of applicants will begin once a suitable candidate pool is identified.