Job no: 494578
Work type: Part-Time
Location: University City
Categories: A.J. Drexel Autism Institute, Drexel University
The A.J. Drexel Autism Institute is seeking enthusiastic and dedicated Behavior Therapists for a part-time position focused on early intervention for children with an Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) diagnosis.
- In this position you will work directly with children, teaching them communication, social, and play skills. This instruction will occur in the child's home or in community-based early intervention settings.
- You will be trained in state-of-the-art instruction based on the principles of applied behavior analysis (ABA) and the Early Start Denver Model (ESDM) and receive supervision from experienced clinicians from the Drexel Autism Institute.
- Gain expertise in the delivery of state-of-the-art, evidence-based interventions for young children with ASD.
- You will Learn about community-based early intervention implementation and be an integral member of a clinical team, as well as a large-scale research project funded by the National Institute of Health.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Working towards or degree in Applied Behavior Analysis, Psychology, Special Education, or Public Health
- Minimum of 1 year of experience
- The ideal candidate is working towards a Master’s degree in Applied Behavior Analysis, Psychology, Special Education, or Public Health, is currently working in the early intervention or related field, or is interested in pursuing a career with children with special needs. Candidates should also demonstrate a thoughtful and responsible attitude, professional and calm presence, excellent communication and organizational skills, a high level of confidence, and an eagerness to learn and work with young children.
This position is classified as non-exempt with a salary grade of G. For more information regarding Drexel’s Professional Staff salary structure, https://drexel.edu/hr/career/ducomp/salstructure/.
A variety of schedules are available, ranging from 20 to 39 hours per week, and a base salary of $15/hour with benefits. This position will involve frequent interaction with children, families, and community partners, as well as the clinical and research team at the AJ Drexel Autism Institute.
Special Instructions to the Applicant
Please make sure you upload your CV/resume and cover letter when submitting your application.
Review of applicants will continue until a suitable candidate pool is identified.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend